Lemon Nut Bars
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes (Total Times : 55 Minutes)
- Serving Size: 24
- 1-1/3 cups Flour
- 1/2 cup Firmly Packed Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) Cold Butter Or Margarine
- 1 cup Old-fashioned Or Quick-cooking Oats, Uncooked
- 1/2 cup Chopped PLANTERS Pecans
- 1 package (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, Softened
- 1 Egg
- 1 tablespoon Grated Lemon Peel Peel
- 3 tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice
PREHEAT oven to 350?F. Mix flour and sugars in medium bowl; cut in butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in oats and pecans. Reserve 1 cup of the oat mixture; press remaining mixture onto bottom of greased 13x9-inch baking pan. Bake 15 min.
BEAT cream cheese, egg, lemon peel and juice in small bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Pour over crust; sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
BAKE 25 min.; cool completely. Cut into 24 bars. Store leftover bars in tightly covered container in refrigerator.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
Size It Up
Sweets can add enjoyment to a balanced diet, but remember to keep tabs on portions.
Prepare as directed, using PHILADELPHIA Neufchatel Cheese, 1/3 Less Fat than Cream Cheese.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS