Hot German Potato Salad
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes (Total Time 37 Minutes)
- Serving Size: 6
- 6 Medium Potatoes, Peeled, Cooked And Sliced
- 14 Slices OSCAR MAYER Center Cut Bacon, Cut Into 1 Inch Pieces
- 1 Medium Onion, Chopped
- 2 Stalks Celery, Thinly Sliced
- 1 tablespoon Flour
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Cider Or White Vinegar
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1/4 tablespoon Salt And Pepper
PLACE potatoes in large bowl; set aside.
COOK and stir bacon in skillet on medium heat to desired crispness. Remove bacon from skillet; drain, reserving 2 Tbsp. drippings in skillet. Set bacon aside.
ADD onion and celery to skillet; cook and stir until celery is crisp-tender. Blend in flour. Stir in water, vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper and bacon. Bring to boil. Cook on medium heat 5 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Pour over potatoes; mix lightly. Serve warm.
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
Substitute 8 slices OSCAR MAYER Hearty Thick Cut Bacon for the 14 slices OSCAR MAYER Center Cut Bacon.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS