Survivor Birthday Party Poke Cake
- Prep Time: 1 Hour (Total time: 2 Hours)
- Serving Size: 15
- 2 Baked 9 Inches Round White Cake Layers, Cooled
- 2 cups Boiling Water
- 2 package (4-serving size each) JELL-O Brand Cherry Flavor Gelatin
- 1 tub (8 ounces) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, Thawed
- 1/3 cup OREO Chocolate Cookie Crumbs
- 1-1/2 cups Assorted Bug Or Worm Shaped Chewy Fruit Snacks
PLACE cake layers, top sides up, in 2 clean 9-inch round cake pans. Pierce layers with large fork at 1/2-inch intervals.
STIR boiling water into dry gelatin mix in small bowl at least 2 minutes until completely dissolved. Pour half the gelatin over each cake layer in pan. Refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.
DIP 1 cake pan in warm water 10 seconds; unmold onto serving plate. Spread with about 1 cup of the whipped topping. Unmold second cake layer; carefully place on first cake layer. Frost top and side of cake with remaining whipped topping. Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
DECORATE top of cake with cookie crumbs and fruit snacks. Use small birthday cake sparklers for candles on the cake to represent "torches".
KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS
Cake layers can be baked weeks ahead and frozen. Thaw layers and continue with recipe beginning with piercing layers with fork in step 1.
RECIPE COURTESY OF KRAFT FOODS