Yankee Pot Roast
- Prep Time: 3 to 3-1/2 hours
- Serving Size: 6
- 1 Boneless Beef Chuck Pot Roast (Arm, Shoulder Or Blade) (Two & Half Pounds)
- 1/3 cup All-purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 1 can (14 to 14-1/2 oz) Beef Broth
- 1/2 cup Dry Red Wine
- 1-1/2 teaspoon Dried Thyme
- 2 pkg (16 oz each) Frozen Stew Vegetable Mixture
1. Combine flour and 3/4 tsp each salt and pepper. Lightly coat beef pot roast with 2 Tbsp flour mixture. Heat oil in stockpot over medium heat until hot; brown pot roast.
2. Mix remaining flour mixture with broth, wine and thyme until smooth. Add to pot; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 2 hours. Add vegetables; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 30 to 45 minutes or until beef and vegetables are fork-tender. Skim fat.
3. Carve pot roast; season with salt. Serve with vegetables and sauce.